Masjid Umar Al Farooq Youth Group Purpose and Goals
Our goal is to cater to the youth and their needs so they can be inclined to come to the Masjid. We try to provide them with a fun learning environment that will substitute for the distractions they deal with daily. Once the youth get the love of the Masjid in their hearts they will become obedient to Allah SWT and their parents. The youth are the leaders of the future of the Ummah. So by the help of Allah SWT we will try and build the skills, manners and morals in them so they can lead as good examples as Muslims and Great Citizens.
Start 7:00 Topic of the week is discussed for half hour.
7:30 Open discussion with Q&A. Hangout time. End with Duaa. .
8:00 Dinner for youth sponsored by Masjid Families.
8:30 Clean up
YG Monthly Events
Every month we do an activity outside of the masjid so we try and build a brotherhood and make new Muslim friends. Also this allows the youth to learn how to Pray and exercise Islam in public and not be ashamed.
- Gym rental for Basketball and Pizza
- Picnics and BBQs with sports
- Bowling and Paintballing
- Camping, etc
YG Giving Back
The youth have found ways to do service for the community as a fun activity and learning to take responsibility. It's not always fun and games for the YG but giving back has become instilled in their hearts.
They provide community service such as:
- Feeding the Hungry (sandwich project) every 2 months.
- Serving and cleaning at community events.
- Help daily in Masjid activities Maktab, YG, etc
- Fundraising and handing out flyers when needed.
- Weekly visitations to the old and sick.
How to help YG
- Keep the Youth in your Duaas Send your kids
- Encourage not Discourage Moral support
- Sponsor Food
- Help serve them and show love
- Come and learn it's never too late!